- The Summer KiwiSaver scheme is set up as a trust, governed by a trust deed between Forsyth Barr Investment Management Limited (manager of the Scheme) and the Supervisor.
- It is a registered managed investment scheme under the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013.
- This means the investments are held separate from Forsyth Barr, for the benefit of Scheme members.
- The Supervisor performs another important role, which is to check that we as manager perform our duties.
- The Supervisor has been granted a full licence under the Financial Markets Supervisors Act 2011 to act as a KiwiSaver supervisor and is subject to reporting conditions from the Financial Markets Authority (FMA).
||Supervises the manager
||Trustees Executors Limited
||Holds the investments of the Scheme on behalf of members
||Trustees Executors Limited (acting through its nominee company T.E.A. Custodians Limited)
||Decides which investments the Scheme will make, and give instructions to the Supervisor about those investments.
||Forsyth Barr Investment Management Limited
A plain English guide to KiwiSaver, which includes some of these terms, can be found here.
You can view this information in our How your KiwiSaver money is held PDF (84 KB).